From our Archives: Blondies!
This week we’re delving into our archives and bringing back some oldie-but-goodies. Today we share a real treat… a tried and true Blondie Recipe! Enjoy!
Blondies are kind of like the vanilla counterpart to brownies. I found this recipe and tried it out. It’s yummy!! You could modify it by adding nuts or choc chips as well. I think a big glass of milk is the perfect accompaniment.
- ¾ cup butter semi-melted
- 1 c brown sugar
- ¾ c granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 2 ¼ c flour
- 1 ½ t baking powder
- 1 t salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line a 9×13 pan with foil
- In bowl, combine butter and both sugars. Cream together until light and fluffy
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth
- Turn the mixer to low and mix in flour, baking powder and salt until just combined
- Spread dough into prepared pan
- Bake for 35 minutes until edges are golden and bars are set.
- Let cool
- When ready to cut, remove bars from the pan by lifting foil
The butter does not need to be melted, just very soft.
Make sure to let them cool before cutting.
Give these treats a try and let us know what you think!