As Spring is here, it is not only time to change things inside our homes but it is time to put away our winter woolies and break out the tee shirts and lighter wear. We have pulled together some choices for casual wear that we think suit this change of season. It is quite warm already but we are including outer wear and long sleeves for the chillier days but we think these outfits could morph into summer wear if you lose the jacket.
In outfit number one we have paired a black peasant top with dark jeans and heels. This could take you from casual day at the office to out for drinks with friends. Adding the nude heels and wearing darker jeans automatically make this outfit more of a dressed up casual. It says you have put effort into your wardrobe but are not too formal. Pairing this with a coloured blazer jacket makes the outfit a bit more playful and the jacket can be worn with many other combinations as well, like a jean skirt or over a black shift dress. We added in a very expensive statement purse because this is on paper and it was just a fun add in. BUT the point is you CAN add a big-ticket item and it will elevate the whole outfit but if that doesn’t suit your budget then you can take the IDEA of it and just add a big black leather bag. The overall look will be similar.
- Iyu Design Sunglasses With Black/gold Frames Uv3 Lenses – Margot 43CAD
- FRS Black Off the Shoulder Ruffled Sleeved Top
- LE3NO Womens Textured 3/4 Sleeve Open Blazer Jacket 27 CAD
- Lana Large 14K Gold Wave Magic Hoop Earrings $995 CAD
- GOLD BLACK Watch 43mm $160 CAD
- Black Leather band
- Tory Burch Super Skinny Jean In Resin Dark Fade $230 CAD
- Rupert Sanderson High Heel Pumps $800 CAD
- Miu Miu Top Handle Purse $2,735 CAD
For the second outfit we also used a peasant top as they are just so “in” right now. I just got one and it is super comfy. The one in this outfit is off the shoulder so it makes it more playful and just a little bit sexy! We paired it with some distressed jeans, which make this outfit casual, run errands around town, weekend wear. Distressed jeans are everywhere now but it is important to know where to wear them. Just because they are trendy doesn’t mean they can be worn for every occasion. Not the best for Sunday dinner! We have paired this outfit with a boho camel coloured leather bag, which adds to the casualness of the outfit, and also adds to the peasant-y style. If you add some cool sunglasses and sandals you are set for a day of bargain hunting at garage sales or going to the market.
- Oval Vine Filigree Earrings 8.87 CAD
- Sunglasses $7.99
- Isolda Fru Fru off-the-shoulder poplin top
- Stone Accent Fringe Tassel Necklace
- DESIGNSIX MAGUIRE BRACELET 24 CAD
- Adorn Me Cut-Out Ring Set GOLDWHITE 11 CAD
- Sans Souci Blank nyc ripped boyfriend jeans 125 CAD
- Billabong Women’s Crossing Over Sandals 38 CAD
- Sole Society Exie Mini Fringe Shoulder Bag 76 CAD
Fashion is a great way to express yourself. What does your style say about you? Does it reflect who you are? Very often how we dress can be translated into how we decorate our house. Have a look around your house and see if you see any parallels.
If you need some help in defining your design style, come and take our Design Styles Workshop. Not only will it help you with how to define your style within your home but it will also help you define your own personal style that can carry over into how you dress.
Let us know if you have any great ideas for spring/summer wear!!