Valentine’s Day Cocktails from Lindt Chocolates
Brooke and I went to an amazing party when we were in Salt Lake City. The party was hosted by Lindt Chocolates, so the signature cocktails were made with chocolate. I didn’t know what to expect as I am not a fan of sweet drinks, but the cocktails were amazing. For your pleasure, here are a couple of cocktail recipes from the Lindt website for you to try with your special valentine.
LINDT PINEAPPLE COCONUT COCKTAIL
A chocolate inspired version of a Piña Colada
2 1/2 cups (600 ml) pineapple juice
1 bar (100 g each) Lindt Excellence Coconut White Chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup (60 ml) rum
1/3 cup (80 ml) coconut liqueur
2/3 cup (160 ml) crushed ice
- Heat the pineapple juice in a saucepan until it comes to a boil, then remove from heat.
- Stir in the chocolate. Continue stirring until completely melted.
- Add rum and coconut liqueur.
- Chill completely. Shake or whisk before serving.
- Serve in tall glasses over crushed ice.
- Yield 4-5 servings Tip You can also serve this drink in martini glasses with a garnish of sliced pineapple.
Maître Chocolatier: Hans Mazenauer
LINDT CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY “LINDTINI”
This elegantly decadent martini uses the magic of crème de cacao and replaces the traditional olive garnish with a luscious Lindor truffle.
3 oz (90 ml) raspberry vodka
2 oz (60 ml) white crème de cacao
Garnish Lindor Milk, Lindor 60% Cacao or Raspberry chocolate truffles.
- Chill the vodka and crème de cacao.
- Chill 2 martini glasses.
- Put the vodka and crème de cacao into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into the chilled martini glasses.
- Add the Lindor chocolate truffles and a fresh raspberry
Yield: 2 servings
Maître Chocolatier: Ann Czaja
Designers Collective will be hosting a Mixology Workshop May 21, 7-9, sign up here, and learn to make some interesting cocktails just in time for spring!